How to Copy Trade
Browse from a range of proficient traders with proven trading record, find a Trader to match your risk appetite and simply Follow their strategy. It's that simple!
You can check the performance of your portfolio and individual Traders inside ZuluTrade platform.
Profit Sharing Model1
Pay a performance fee only if you have successful trades
Pay 25% of your profits to the Trader whose strategy you follow only if they have earned you a successful return on your investment. Your total profit needs to be above a certain benchmark so that on less profitable or losing months you will pay only the subscription fee.
It's really a win-win situation. No return - no pay.
Try out copy-trading with no fixed costs!
Start copy-trading with no monthly subscription (30 USD) for the first 3 months, if you don't like it you can cancel it before you have to pay any fees! No obligation.
After the first 3 months, FXCM will waive the 30USD monthly subscription fee for eligible clients. Feel free to contact us for more information.
How Do We Compare?
In other social trading platforms, you typically pay a volume fee (through higher spreads) on EVERY trade, whether winning or losing, therefore clients may incur significant costs even on losing months. This also may encourage the Trader the trade higher volumes.
With FXCM and the Profit Sharing model you save on costs while it also encourages the Trader you follow to seek consistent profits in a responsible manner as else they are not paid.
Advanced risk management with
ZuluRank & ZuluGuard
ZuluTrade is distinguished by its proprietary features for transparency and personalize risk managements.
ZuluRank: Ranking traders only by their profits can be misleading, as their strategy is not always feasible in any account size. ZuluRank weights other parameters such as Maturity, Exposure and Drawdown, to help you find the best suited trader for your risk appetite.
ZuluGuard: When automating your trading, it's also important to have the proper protection. ZuluGuard is an account protection feature that monitors each Trader's behavior and automatically removes a Trading systems when detecting a deviation from its expected loss profile.
Past performance is not an indicator of future results. The information provided within the featured traders above does not constitute investment advice. Following a featured trader does not guarantee that trading will result in profits or not result in losses. We recommend that you carefully review the information on ZuluTrade's website and the risks associated with their service. FXCM is not liable for any errors, omissions, delays or actions as a result of your use of this Service Provider.
Test Drive Risk Free
Practice Copy Trading with a Demo Account2
See ZuluTrade in Action!
How to enable copy trading on ZuluTrade
Last Updated 4 March, 2022.
Become a Trader with ZuluTrade
Do you want to monetize your strategy?
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I use my MT4 or Ninja account with ZuluTrade?
- No, currently you can only trade with a Trading Station account on read-only mode.
- Which platform is used to execute trades from ZuluTrade?
- A Trading Station account on a read-only mode.
- Does ZuluTrade offer any account balance protection?
- ZuluTrade offers "ZuluGuard", which is a feature which first monitors each Trader's behavior and automatically removes a Trader when detecting a trading strategy has deviated from its expected loss profile. And second, it creates a protection shield for your investment capital based on your own settings when you follow a Trader or a Combo. Learn more
- What are the differences between copy-trading with a Profit Sharing Model account vs a Classic Model account?
With a profit sharing account:
- You don't have to pay ZuluTrade a commission per trade (volume-based fees) but rather a percentage of your profit only if the Trader(s) you follow has earned you a return on your investment. The monthly performance fee is 25%. The profit-sharing model (25%) is bound per Trader, not per account.
- In case of a less favourable monthly PnL, your expense would be lower as you would only pay a subscription fee of 30 USD and a performance fee to the Traders that provided you with a return, unlike volume-based trading, where you would have to cover a fee per trade irrespective of having a profitable month or not with the Trader you follow.
- You can benefit from FXCM's competitive spreads without having to worry about a mark-up which can end up affecting your overall trading costs.
The example below has been done by following the 1 rolling month history of the Trader "Swartout" – the higher the pro-rata percentage you use to copy the trading strategy, the more you can realise the benefits of this model vs a mark-up/volume based model.
Classic (volume based) PRO-RATA 100% PRO-RATA 10% PRO-RATA 1% Traders' Profits $2,454.42 $245.44 $24.54 Commissions $935.00 $93.50 $9.35 Investor's net profits $1,519.42 $151.94 $15.19 Profit Sharing PRO-RATA 100% PRO-RATA 10% PRO-RATA 1% Traders' Profits $2,454.42 $245.44 $24.5442 Subscription Fee $30.00 $30.00 $30.00 PS 25% $613.61 $61.36 $6.14 Investor's net profits $1,810.82 $154.08 $(11.59)
Please remember that past performance is not an indicator of future results. There is no guarantee that trading will result in profits or not result in losses.
- Can I modify stops/limits after opening a position?
- Trading with ZuluTrade allows you to either follow a) "individual" traders or b)"Combos Plus" system while also having the option to manually close all the positions of your portfolio (not individually for each trader or combo).
- Can I change the size of an open position?
- Existing positions cannot be amended. You can only close existing positions.
- Can I copy more than one Trader?
- Yes, you can select, as many Traders are you wish. They all have performance related stats so you can select the ones that are appropriate to your risk appetite.
- What is the minimum size?
You have the option to trade Micro, Mini and Standard lots. You can change this on the ZuluTrade platform under "Account" → "Settings". You can also adjust the settings to limit the total number of lots (mini) that can be open and/or pending at any one time in your ZuluTrade Account.
- How does ZuluTrade rank Traders?
- Please see this link to learn about the ZuluTrade ranking system uses to select the best performing Traders. Remember that past performance is not an indicator of future results.
- How does ZuluTrade rank Traders?
- Yes, you can provide signals via ZuluTrade by joining the Trader Program with an FXCM MT4 account. Find out more.
- Should I contact ZuluTrade or FXCM if I have a problem?
- You can contact either. ZuluTrade at [email protected] or FXCM directly.